In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Ashley Alphin, co-founder of C&A Event Planning, a wedding planning, floral design, and styling company based in Upstate New York. Ashley has worked aside her mom, Cathy, over the past eight years, building a thriving, fully-booked business that takes special care of every single client they get the privilege to work with. Learn how Ashley manages it all while making intentional steps to grow her business and attract her best clients ever time and time again.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- How Brit and Ashley met for the first time (interesting story!)
- Up-routing their business from Richmond, VA and moving to Upstate New York
- Completely relaunching their business in a new state and totally new demographic
- Intentionally building relationships with other wedding vendors
- Creating an online presence to attract out-of-area couples through blogging, styled shoots, and social media outreach
- What are styled shoots for weddings
- The story of getting published in Green Wedding Shoes, a premiere wedding site, with the Magnolia Market styled shoot
- How Ashley uses her “wedding off season” to connect with and love on her upcoming wedding couples
- The dynamics of being mother and daughter, while being business partners
- Finding a hole in the wedding vendor market and filling it themselves
“The more people you meet with, the more people are going to talk about you, and the more people are going to want to meet you.”
“Stop comparing yourself. Your chapter is totally different from everyone else’s. “