In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Ashley Mason, Social Media Consultant at DashOfSocial.com. Ashley is helping female entrepreneurs to move mountains and works with her clients by providing Social Media Management and Social Media Consulting. Learn how she is putting in the work to follow her passions all while juggling a full college course load.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Starting her blog as a Sophomore in high school as a stress reliever and to pursue her interests
- Growing a blog by utilizing social media through tweet chats and partnering with other companies to promote their products & services
- Noticing the companies she partnered with weren’t able to focus on marketing to grow their businesses
- Offering social media management and consulting pro bono for these companies which she then used as case studies to gain paying clients
- Gaining new clients through referrals based on cultivating relationships with other business owners
- Waking up at 4:15 am during the week to work out and spend intentional time planning out her day
- Working with a business coach over the Summer to help her build a team
- Expanding her business to include more marketing services to serve her clients even better
- Growing her free resource, Dash of Visibility to connect her community to PR opportunities
- Balancing her business with a full time college work load
- Understanding that the traditional 9-5 work hours aren’t necessarily the most productive
- Realizing through her mom’s terminal illness that chasing her dreams can’t wait
“Focus on what lights you up and the money will always come after it.”