In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Nicole Pond, Founder and CEO of The Yellow Bird, an all natural skincare company. Nicole and her husband run The Yellow Bird to offer chemical-free skincare products that are safe for the whole family. Learn how she is making natural skincare products accessible and affordable for families everywhere while being intentionally present with her own family.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Teaching special education before having kids
- Leaving her teaching career to stay at home with her first daughter
- Starting The Yellow Bird to provide her sister with skincare products that were allergy friendly for her family
- Using the income from her husband’s side hustle to re-invest in her business and take the financial pressure off of the business to succeed
- Being able to grow quickly because of that re-investment
- Listing her first products on Amazon and navigating the ups and downs of the reviews they were receiving
- Using their measured success on Amazon to determine when to add more products
- Learning that setting one month goals for herself helps keep things moving forward at a pace that works for her
- Adding her products to Shopify on her own website to run in addition to Amazon
- Getting into wholesale helped her gather her resources intentionally so that when a wholesale opportunity does present itself she is able to work efficiently
- Her 2018 goal was focusing on making her website great
“You’ve just got to take one step at a time”