In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Jackie Stoughton, Founder of Jade and Oak. Jackie provides legal information, templates, and courses to bloggers and business owners. Learn how she has the best of both worlds as a part time business owner and full time lawyer.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Starting her blog first as a lifestyle blog as a side hustle to her day job as a lawyer at a bank
- Using the blog as her creative outlet, and supplementing her income to get the best of both worlds between entrepreneurship and traditional work
- Planning to stay at her day job and having it feel right to do both, without feeling the pressure to go all in on her day job or her business
- Creating legal education blog posts, answering questions, and providing value to market test her business idea, knowing she eventually wanted to provide online legal education products for bloggers and small business owners
- Providing legal templates and courses as a way to automate revenue generation in her business without relying on her time
- Marketing her course and products with webinars to make the legal stuff and her more approachable and trustworthy to her audience
- Going on podcasts and making it a point to become more visible to grow her audience in her current phase of life
- Giving herself and her business permission to be whatever it needs to be as she adjusts to life as a new mom
“It’s a lot of work, but it’s doable and worthwhile.”